Berlin CityTourCard explained
- What versions of the Berlin CityTourCard are available?
The Berlin CityTourCard is available for the travel zones Berlin AB (city of Berlin) or Berlin ABC (Berlin plus Potsdam and Airport Berlin Brandenburg BER) in versions valid for 48 hours, 72 hours, 4, 5 or 6 days.
- How does the Berlin CityTourCard work?
1. You can buy the Berlin CityTourCard online or at any of our many sales outlets.
2. Validate the public transport ticket before your first journey on the public transport system in Berlin. You can find ticket validation machines on tube and city railway platforms or in the buses and trams. And remember – only validate your ticket once. Your CityTourCard and public transport ticket is now valid for the specified validity period indicated on the ticket. Please note that online ticket is only valid in printed form. Therefore, please print the ticket in A4 format and carry it with you. Unfortunately, tickets on electronic devices can not be accepted at this time. Online tickets do not need to be validated and are valid from the time indicated on the ticket.
3. To benefit from the discounts on attractions and services, you must always show your ticket to each discount partner before using the discounted services. You may also find information on discount redemption in our list for redeeming discounts (PDF).
- Where can I buy the CityTourCard?
You can get your Berlin CityTourCard at our Berlin tourist info centres, at all ticket machines and ticket offices of the Berlin public transport services (BVG and S-Bahn Berlin GmbH), on BVG buses and at the Airport Berlin Brandenburg BER. We’ve complied a list of all our sales points here.
Please note that the discounts are only available on presentation of a stamped and valid ticket.
- Where and for how long is the CityTourCard valid?
With the Berlin CityTourCard you can use all public transport (S-Bahn, U-Bahn, bus and tram lines) free of charge in travel zone Berlin AB or ABC depending on your ticket option for either 48 hours, 72 hours or 4, 5 or 6 days, depending on the version purchased. The 2 and 3 day variants have a sliding period of validity (48 and 72 hours). The card is valid for 48 or 72 hours from the moment it is first used.
Example: You validate the 2-day ticket (48h) on August 1st. at 11 o'clock. The ticket is valid until August 3rd. at 11 o'clock. The 4, 5 & 6-day tickets are valid from the first calendar day of use until midnight on the last calendar day.
Example: You buy the 4-day ticket and use it for the first time on Tuesday at any time. The card is then valid until midnight on Friday.
The CityTourCard for Berlin AB or Berlin ABC is valid for 1 adult and up to 3 children (6–14 years of age). Children under 6, luggage, pushchairs and a dog travel for free. You need an additional bike ticket if you wish to take a bike with you.
- Do children need their own CityTourCard?
The Berlin CityTourCard for travel zone AB or ABC is valid for 1 adult and up to 3 children (6–14 years of age). With all versions, any number of children under the age of 6 can travel for free. Teenagers who are 15 or older need their own ticket and pay the normal price. If a child turns 15 during the period of the validated ticket, a separate ticket must be purchased.
- Which areas are covered by travel zones Berlin AB and Berlin ABC?
Travel zone AB covers the entire city of Berlin.
Travel zone ABC also covers the entire city of Berlin as well as the surrounding area including Potsdam and the airport Berlin Brandenburg BER.
Please note that you cannot extend the Berlin CityTourCard AB to cover zone C by buying a connection ticket.
- Is Potsdam included in the Berlin CityTourCard?
Yes. If you have a Berlin CityTourCard for travel zone ABC you can go to Potsdam.
Airport transfer to Berlin Brandenburg BER is included in all ABC ticket options.
- Is there a discounted version of the Berlin CityTourCard?
No. There is no discounted version of the Berlin CityTourCard for groups, students, pensioners etc.
- Can I cancel or exchange the ticket?
Unfortunately not. The tickets can neither be cancelled or refunded. It is also not possible to exchange the ticket for one valid for a longer or a shorter time. You can find all the details in our terms and conditions.